i’ve been home for 4 days in 4 months. 2 of those months were spent on the ground with my team in kenya, one month was spent on the #beersbigideas road trip across africa with my good friend steve wanta, and the last month was spent on the road here in north america transversing across texas to montana to utah to nevada to california and then finally home. it was a mix of work and play, but even more it was a time to immerse myself in this transition in my life…a self proclaimed vision quest to listen, to learn, to discover and most importantly to truly heal.
i’ve seen so much these past four months, talked to so many people, listened to many profound stories and have journeyed far into my own story. i’m forever grateful to my friends especially jeremiah kuria, steve wanta, ryan cox and david simpson who have literally traveled with me on this journey.
i’ve logged a top 10 lessons learned, odd discoveries and ponderings from the road…in no particular order:
top 10 from the road
– trust the blink
– don’t hesitate
– pearl jam may be the best band for a 4 month road trip
– i had no idea i could grow a beard
– listening & willingness to be vulnerable may be my greatest strengths
– “all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
– to discover the abundance of life go into yourself, be kind & let go
– when faced with hardship go into the heart of it and listen
– i possess nothing, yet i am connected to everything
– discovering the power of imagination over memory is painful, yet indescribably beautiful